Gluten, grain and dairy-free banana coconut muffins that I made for my autistic step son. Not only he loved them, but his younger brother enjoyed them too. I was actually surprised as they are pretty healthy and he’s a little picky. I was pretty happy with the result!
They are made with coconut flour, ripe banana, pastured eggs, raw honey, coconut oil, cinnamon and pure vanilla extract. You can also add golden flax seeds if you like for more healthy fats and fiber. These muffins are very nutritious and make a great breakfast on the go or morning snack. They are lovely with a cup of tea.
They aren’t very sweet but the combination of raw honey and the natural sweetness of the bananas make them just sweet enough. The batter makes 6 muffins.
I hope you enjoy them!
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup very ripe mashed bananas
- 4 pastured eggs
- 5 tbsp raw honey
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp golden flax seeds, optional
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line baking liners in the muffin tin or lightly oil the muffin tin with coconut oil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix dry ingredients together. In a medium bowl, combine wet ingredients together. Transfer to dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan. Fill all the way to the top.
- Bake for 20-25 min or until a toothpick comes out clean.