These banana oatmeal pancakes are just delicious. And yes, they are healthy too! They are made with oats, banana, eggs, spices cinnamon and nutmeg. Yes, these pancakes contain eggs so they aren’t vegan but if you are vegan, make sure you look at my vegan oatmeal pancakes, which are absolutely delicious too. But when I use eggs in my recipes, they are always fresh and come from pastured-raised hens.
The pancakes are cooked in a little coconut oil but you could use grass-fed butter too, which are both very healthy fats. Stick to what’s natural – avoid margarine, oil sprays or any other refined vegetable oils which are rancid and inflammatory.
These healthy banana oatmeal pancakes really make a great Sunday breakfast. If you have children at home, I’m sure they will enjoy them too. They are delicious served with fresh fruits and pure maple syrup. I love maple syrup, probably because I’m Canadian and grew up with it but it’s a great natural sweetener and one of my favorite to use. It’s natural and contains minerals but of course, it’s still sugar and should always be consumed in moderation.
I hope you and your family enjoy them!
- ¾ cup mashed banana
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or grass-fed butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 2 pastured-raised eggs
- 1 ¼ rolled oats, turned into a flour (or simply use oat flour)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Pure maple syrup, to serve
- Fresh fruits, to serve
- In a small bowl, mix together the mashed banana, coconut oil, lemon juice and pure maple syrup. Beat in the eggs.
- In a medium bowl, combine oat flour, baking soda and spices.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry. Stir with a wooden spoon. Let the batter sit for 10 minutes.
- Over medium heat, heat a little coconut oil or butter in a pan. Make pancake using ⅓ cup of the batter. Cook for about 2-3 minutes and flip the pancake with a spatula to cook the other side. You want the pancake to be golden on both sides.
- Serve the pancake with fresh fruits and pure maple syrup.