BThis broccolini and buckwheat noodle dish is so simple and quick to make, and so delicious. All you need is 100% buckwheat noodles (I use the brand Eden), a broccolini, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, red pepper flakes, tamari and sesame seeds.
While the noodles cook (takes about 8-10 min), I simply stir-fry the veggies in a large skillet over medium heat. Then, I combine the noodles and the veggies in a bowl, I plate and I garnish with black sesame seeds. Gomashio would work if this is what you have.
Most Soba noodles contain wheat, which is an ingredient that avoid using. Make sure you read labels and get noodles that are made of buckwheat only. Buckwheat is not a grain but a pseudo-grain. It’s gluten-free and it’s very nutritious. When you cook them, make sure you boil them into a large pot of salty water. Don’t over cook them, to avoid the noodles stick together, and rinse them under cool running water.
You can serve this pasta dish with a wedge of lime if you like. This meal is vegan and gluten-free. (Note that tamari has gluten so for a gluten-free version, use gluten-free tamari or skip it and just add some fine sea salt to taste)
- ½ package buckwheat noodles
- 1 small broccolini, rinsed and cut in half
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ginger, grated
- ⅛ red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp gluten-free tamari
- In a big pot of salty water, cook noodles for about 8-10 minutes - do not over cook. Drain and rinse under cool water.
- While the noodles are cooking, heat sesame oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add ginger and garlic, cook for a minute before adding the broccolini.
- Season with red pepper flakes and tamari, turn heat down a little and let cook until the noodles are ready.
- Bring the noodles back to the pot, add veggies, give it a stir and plate.
- Garnish with black sesame seeds or gomashio. Serve with a wedge of lime if you like.