I made this chickpea salad because I wanted to make a quick and healthy lunch using the organic can of chickpeas I had. I had fresh butter lettuce in my refrigerator as well so I thought about combining both to make a yummy chickpea salad but with more greens in it. Most chickpea salads don’t have any lettuce in them and I can’t have a complete lunch without greens haha!
I made this salad very quickly using what I had on hands and it turned out really good!! I actually loved to have more greens in my salad rather than eating mainly chickpeas. I really recommend trying it. It’s super easy and quick to make, and will make you a delicious healthy lunch. You can even make it a day in advance to let the flavors marinate together.
This chickpea salad is vegan and gluten-free.
- Handful butter lettuce, chopped
- 1 can organic chickpea, rinsed and drained
- 2 green onions, sliced
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 2-3 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ lemon, juice
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients together.
- Add the ingredients for the salad dressing to the salad, and toss well.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to eat.