Have you ever tried to make coleslaw with something else than cabbage? I tried with cauliflower and it turned out really great! It’s actually not a coleslaw but I got inspired by the coleslaw dish. I used a green cauliflower because this is what I had but you can use white, or purple.. or orange haha! Its summer, it’s great to add some color haha!
This raw salad is super easy to make, and quick to make if you have a food processor that can help you to shred the ingredients. I added some fresh mint, apples and almonds, and the whole mix together was really tasty! I love salads, this is what I eat for lunch everyday, and even though I have my favorites, it’s great to change sometimes! Don’t forget folks, variation is important!!
This salad is not vegan because I used raw honey – which I consider to be a very nutritious and healthy food. If you don’t eat honey, replace with pure maple syrup or simply omit the sweetener.
Enjoy this light and refreshing caulislaw as a side dish or even as I main course! It’s raw, and it’s gluten, dairy, and soy-free.
Hope you try it and enjoy it as much as I did!!
- 4 cups cauliflower, shredded (I used green cauliflower)
- ¼ red onion, diced or sliced
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 2 apples, shredded
- 2 tbsp mint, chopped
- ¼ cup almonds
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice
- ½ tbsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tbsp raw honey
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Shred the cauliflower, carrots, and apples by hand or in a food processor.
- Transfer the vegetables to a big bowl.
- Add the red onions, chopped mint and almonds. Toss.
- Make the dressing and add to the bowl, mix well, and serve.