This fresh couscous salad is made with cauliflower instead of wheat, flat-leaf parsley, kalamata olives and pine nuts. The dressing is light and simple, and pair perfectly with the salad. This cauliflower couscous salad is light and refreshing, and makes a delicious lunch or side dish.
You will need a food processor to chop the cauliflower very fine. The cauliflower isn’t cooked so it’s a great way to add raw cauliflower in the diet. Cauliflower are very nutritious and have anti-cancer properties.
Parsley is a great source of vitamin A and C, and helps to alkalize the body. Kalamata olives are delicious and bring a nice salty touch to the salad. Pine nuts are delicious but are pretty expensive so if you don’t have them or prefer to use a different type of nuts, you may want to go with walnuts!
This salad is raw, vegan, and gluten-free.
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 bunch parsley
- ¼ cup kalamata olives, pitted
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- In a food processor, pulse cauliflower and parsley.
- Pour the “couscous” into a medium bowl and add olives and pine nuts.
- Make the dressing and pour into the salad. Mix well and serve.