Who doesn’t like fried rice?! Well, actually, I don’t really like fried rice ha ha! But THIS.. Oh.. This is good haha!! I love the texture, the flavors and I just love the idea of eating cauliflower instead of rice! It’s so healthier and so much lighter! It’s perfect for spring or summer.
This dish is very easy to make and will be ready in less than 15 minutes. All you have to do is process the cauliflower in a food processor until the cauliflower turns like “rice”. Then, you simply cook the “rice” with the veggies in a skillet in a quality oil. It makes a great side dish or can be serve with a quality protein for a main course.
This meal is light, tasty and very healthy. It’s vegan and grain-free. If you are gluten-free, make sure you use gluten-free tamari.
Let me know what you think!
- 2-3 Tbsp sesame oil
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, diced
- ½ cup frozen peas
- 1 medium cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 tbsp tamari or shoyu
- Optional: Quality protein of choice
- Place cauliflower florets in a food processor and process until you get a "rice" texture.
- In a large skillet, heat sesame oil over medium heat.
- Add garlic and scallions, and saute for a minute or two.
- Add carrots and peas, saute for another minute or two. Add protein (optional).
- Add cauliflower "rice" and stir in tamari. Cook for about 8-10 minutes, until the cauliflower and carrots are softer.