Guys, these chocolate coconut squares taste amaaaazing! You have to give them a try. They are easy to make; you’ll only need a food processor. They make small bites, they aren’t too sweet and they are very satisfying. They are made with coconut butter -not coconut oil. Coconut butter is different because the flesh of the coconut is present. Coconut oil is just the oil. Coconut butter can be found at Whole Foods or at your natural health food store. It’s very nutritious and healing.
These lovely bites are best if kept in the refrigerator. They can also be frozen. Before eating them, let it at room temperature for 5 minutes so it can get a little softer.
They are super easy to make. Your family will really enjoy them. They are raw, vegan, gluten and soy-free.
- 1 cup coconut butter
- 1 ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ¼ cup coconut nectar, or raw honey or agave
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- 4 ounces quality dark chocolate, or vegan chocolate
- Line a small square or rectangle pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a food processor, combine coconut butter, coconut flakes, sweetener, vanilla and salt. Process until the mixture forms a ball and get all together.
- In a small saucepan, melt chocolate on medium-low heat, stirring frequently.
- Transfer the coconut mixture into the prepared pan and firmly press with your hands or a spatula.
- Once the chocolate is melted, pour it over the coconut mixture and spread it heavenly.
- Store in the refrigerator for at least an hour before cutting into squares.