You will love these coconut chocolate dipped strawberries! They are de-li-cious!!! They make a great snack for Valentine’s day but they can also obviously be made at any time of the year. We don’t need Valentine’s day to make special and lovely treats!:) I used organic strawberries, as strawberries are one of the dirtiest fruits. The chocolate I used was organic 60% dark chocolate. My husband doesn’t like dark chocolate or chocolate that is too strong in flavors, so I made a little exception here. Feel free to use vegan chocolate. I’m pretty sure you could also use raw cacao powder as well (this is what I will use next time). I think that by using “real” chocolate though, it makes the chocolate a little heavier and creamier. If you try with cacao powder, let me know how it turned out!:)
To make the chocolate, not only you will need good quality chocolate, but you will also need a little bit of coconut oil and full-fat canned coconut milk. The coconut works beautifully in this chocolate sauce. You will have to melt the coconut oil on medium-low heat, and then add the chocolate and let it melt, stirring frequently. When the chocolate is melting, if it’s not done already, you will need to line parchment paper on a baking sheet.
If you like to, sprinkle coconut flakes or maca on them. It will bring a really nice touch and the strawberries will look beautiful. Maca is another superfood that is known to boost libido. It’s a Peruvian root vegetable that is sold in a powder form and can be found online or at your health food store. When you are done with your strawberries, keep them in the refrigerator. Your family will love them. My husband almost ate them all haha!
- 1 lb (16oz) organic, ripe strawberries (if not organic, use fresh, local strawberries)
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 4 oz (113g) organic dark chocolate (60% or more, or vegan)
- ½ cup full-fat canned coconut milk
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch fine sea salt
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash and pat dry the strawberries.
- In a saucepan, over medium-low heat, melt coconut oil. Then, add chocolate and let it melt, stirring frequently. Turn off heat, add coconut milk, vanilla and sea salt, stir until well combine.
- Pour the chocolate sauce in a bowl.
- Dip strawberries in the chocolate mixture and place them on the parchment paper.
- Sprinkle coconut flakes and/or maca if you like.
- Keep them in the refrigerator.