These coconut, chocolate, almonds and chocolate bars are raw; meaning that they aren’t cooked. And because they aren’t cook, all the nutrients are preserved, so they are very nutritious. They are a good source of proteins, calcium, magnesium and potassium, as well as fiber and essential fatty acids. All you will need is a food processor to make the mixture.
To make the chocolate topping, you will melt the chocolate on low-medium heat with the remaining ingredients. You can also omit that step if you don’t want chocolate on your bars. You can garnish them with raw cacao nibs or coconut flakes if you like.
It’s best if you keep your bars in the refrigerator. You can also freeze them. If you like larabars, I’m sure you and your family will enjoy these!
- 1 ½ cup natural almonds
- 1 ½ cup pitted dates
- 1 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 1 Tbsp ground flax or chia seeds
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Chocolate topping:
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp cacao powder
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch sea salt
- Line a 8x8 pan with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, combine almonds, dates, coconut, ground flax seeds and sea salt. Pulse until you get a fine mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and press firmly with your hands.
- In a small sauce pan, on low heat, melt coconut oil. Add cacao powder, stir and turn off heat. Stir in vanilla.
- Pour the melted chocolate on the pressed batter.
- Put the pan in the refrigerator for at least an hour before cutting into bars.
- Store in the refrigerator.