These coconut dream squares taste like heaven haha! Although Valentine’s Day is over, they would be a perfect healthy treat to make.
They are made with cashews and coconut oil, and coconut oil is very healthy! Yes, it’s got saturated fats, but not all saturated fats are created equal. Plus, we NEED saturated fats in the body. And if you are thinking about cholesterol, there is NO cholesterol in coconut – cholesterol is only found in animal food. And cholesterol isn’t bad to consume either. Our body requires both saturated and cholesterol to function.
These delicious coconut squares are so tasty, creamy, and dreamy. They will melt in your mouth. They are very easy and quick to make, and since they are raw, they don’t require any baking. You will have to keep these goodies in the freezer, as they will melt rapidly at room temperature. I used coconut oil and coconut butter, as well as coconut nectar for the sweetener. Coconut nectar is easily found where I live, but if you don’t have it, replace with organic, raw honey. I don’t recommend agave, as it’s high in fructose, but if you do use it, make sure it’s organic, raw, and preferably use the blue agave, which is the best one in its category.
If you feel like making a healthy dessert for you and your family, and if you love the taste of coconut, give it a try. You won’t regret it!
They are raw, vegan, gluten and soy-free.
- 2 cup cashews, soaked for at least 30 min
- 1 cup filtered water
- ½ cup strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- ½ cup coconut nectar, or raw honey
- ½ cup coconut butter
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Pinch fine sea salt
- Coconut flakes, to garnish
- Line a 8x8 pan with parchment paper. Set aside
- In a blender, combine all ingredients together. Blend until nice and smooth. (If you're strawberries are frozen, blend them after.)
- Add the strawberries (if frozen) and blend until smooth.
- Pour the filling into the prepared pan. Spread heavenly.
- Garnish with coconut flakes
- Freeze for at least 1h before cutting into small squares.
- Keep in the freezer or in the refrigerator if you want them softer.