I’m not a big fan of dessert but when I make them, I like when they are healthy. I also have a preference for raw desserts, as they are healthier and more nourishing. Valentine’s Day is over but it’s not an excuse to not keep making healthy and delicious treats! I felt like making something dreamy, something pretty… And I thought about making coconut squares. I don’t know if you’re like me but.. I love anything that has coconut in it! I love coconut oil, coconut butter… I try to eat it almost everyday. And coconut oil is very healthy! Yes, it’s got saturated fats, but not all saturated fats are created equal. Plus, we NEED saturated fats in the body. And if you are thinking about cholesterol, there is NO cholesterol in coconut. Cholesterol is only found in animal food.
These delicious coconut squares are so tasty, creamy, and dreamy. They will melt in your mouth. They are very easy and quick to make, and since they are raw, they don’t require any baking. You will have to keep these goodies in the freezer, as they will melt rapidly at room temperature. I used coconut oil and coconut butter, as well as coconut nectar for the sweetener. Coconut nectar is easily found where I live, but if you don’t have it, replace with organic, raw honey. I don’t recommend agave, as it’s high in fructose, but if you do use it, make sure it’s organic, raw, and preferably use the blue agave, which is the best one in its category.
These coconut dream squares are raw, vegan, gluten and soy-free. Because they are vegan, they obviously do not contain any milk products either. You will love these delicious and dreamy treats, and I’m pretty sure your family will do too.
- 2 cup cashews, soaked for at least 30 min
- 1 cup filtered water
- ½ cup strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- ½ cup coconut nectar, or raw honey
- ½ cup coconut butter
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Pinch fine sea salt
- Coconut flakes, to garnish
- Line a 8x8 pan with parchment paper. Set aside
- In a blender, combine all ingredients together. Blend until nice and smooth. (If you're strawberries are frozen, blend them after.)
- Add the strawberries (if frozen) and blend until smooth.
- Pour the filling into the prepared pan. Spread heavenly.
- Garnish with coconut flakes
- Freeze for at least 1h before cutting into small squares.
- Keep in the freezer or in the refrigerator if you want them softer.