Hi guys! Sorry for not having post any recipes recently. I just had a baby and didn’t have time to upload recipes. Here’s a cucumber soup recipe I made when it was still nice and warm outside. It’s absolutely delicious and it’s great with toasted Ezekiel bread spread with avocado and drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil, sea salt and freshly ground pepper.
This cucumber soup is not vegan although it could be. I have used organic plain yogurt but feel free to use an unsweetened plain non-dairy yogurt if you prefer. The soup is made with organic cucumbers, yogurt, lemon juice, garlic, dill, olive oil, sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. It’s really easy to make; all you have to do is put all ingredients into your blender and blend until smooth. Then you simply garnish with diced red onions, fresh dill, a drizzle of olive oil and a little more black pepper if you like.
It really makes a great lunch or light dinner, and perfect for busy days or nights. It’s vegetarian, gluten and soy-free.
I hope you enjoy as much as my husband and I did.
- 2 cucumbers (1½ for soup + ½ to garnish - small diced)
- 1½ cup organic plain and unsweetened yogurt
- 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic
- ⅓ cup dill, plus more to garnish
- ¼ cup diced red onions, to garnish
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, plus more to garnish
- ¾ tsp sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- In a blender, put all ingredients together and blend until smooth.
- Pour into bowls, garnish with diced cucumbers, red onions and dill, drizzle with olive oil and add a little more black pepper to taste.
- Serve with toasted sprouted bread topped with mashed avocado.