Valentines Day is coming and I decided to make a few healthy chocolate treats this week to share with you. This one is a dark chocolate pot de crème, which is a French dessert usually made with cream, egg yolks, chocolate and sugar. This one is much healthier. It’s made with coconut milk, good quality dark chocolate and coconut sugar. It’s super easy and quick to make, and the result is absolutely delicious. It’s rich, creamy, satisfying and so very delicious.
This chocolate pot de crème is good by itself but it’s even better with a drop of coconut whipped cream and shaved chocolate. I made the coconut whipped cream by simply blending the cream of a canned coconut milk with a little sweetener and a pinch of salt. It’s best to refrigerate it before using it so that it can holds better.
This healthy dessert is not very sweet so if you have a sweet tooth, you may want to increase the amount of coconut sugar or not use a chocolate that is too dark. I used 85% dark chocolate and I thought that this dessert was really good but feel free to use 70 or even 60% if you prefer. It’s important to use a good quality chocolate.
I hope this dessert is being enjoyed as much as I did!:)
Happy Valentine’s Day in advance! XO
- 7 oz good quality dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 + 1 can organic full fat coconut milk
- 2-3 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp celtic sea salt
- Dark shaved chocolate, to garnish
- Coconut whipped cream:
- Harden part only of the other can of full fat coconut milk
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Pinch sea salt
- In a blender, add chopped chocolate. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, combine coconut milk and sugar. Cook, stirring constantly until the mixture is almost boiling. Turn off heat. Add vanilla and sea salt, stir and pour the chocolate mixture in the blender with the chocolate. Blend until smooth.
- Divide the chocolate mixture among ramekins or small cups and refrigerate until set, about 2 hours.
- Make whipped cream by blending the cream of a can of full fat coconut milk with maple syrup and sea salt until smooth. Refrigerate.
- When chocolate is set, add whipped cream and shaved chocolate on top. Enjoy immediately or keep in the refrigerator until ready to eat.