This do-it-yourself shaving/hydrating cream is pretty incredible, like really. It’s made with all natural ingredients, and it’s surprisingly easy to make. And not only it’s a good shaving cream, but it makes an excellent moisturizer as well. This cream is very nourishing to the skin.
It’s made with coconut oil and shea butter, almond oil, vitamin E, baking soda and essential oils. That’s it! Your skin will love this beautiful concoction! These ingredients can be found in most health food stores or even online.
In terms of essential oils, it’s obviously best to use a good quality brand but there are so many good quality brands out there and you don’t have to go with DoTerra or Young Living. There are other great brands out there such as Mountain Rose Herbs or Eden’s Garden. I also recently tried Kis Oil and I have to say that I like them too, even if their price is very low! Essential oils can also be found at your health food store. Just make sure you purchase a brand that is pure. When using essential oils, just a quick reminder to be very careful if ingesting them.
This shaving/hydrating can be used by both men and women. You may just want to change the essential oils to have a more personalized smell. Great oils to use are oils such as wild orange and clove, frankincense, sandalwood, and lavender, but feel free to use your favorite scent!
This cream is quick and easy to make. You don’t need specialized equipments besides bowls, spatula, a whisk and a glass jar with a lid. It really makes a nice gift too! Valentine’s day is coming!;)
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup shea butter
- ¼ cup almond oil
- 2 vitamin e capsules or 2 tsp. of oil
- 1½ tbsp baking soda
- 15-20 drops essential oil of choice
- In a small pot, over low heat, heat coconut oil and shea butter.
- Turn off heat, add the remaining ingredients and stir.
- Pour mixture into a bowl and put bowl in the refrigerator for a few hours to allow the mixture to set and firm up.
- With a wooden spoon or spatula, scoop out all the mixture and transfer to a big bowl but you could always use the same bowl if it was large enough.
- Wish a whisk, whisk the mixture until creamy and fluffy. It will take a few minutes.
- Transfer the cream to a glass/Mason jar and close tight with a lid.