Super easy to make, super quick to bake, flourless, healthy, and yes, delicious, these double chocolate chips cookies are made with almond butter, cacao powder, dark chocolate chips, coconut sugar, egg, baking soda, vanilla and sea salt. I used coconut sugar as it’s rich in minerals and low on the glycemic index. It’s one of the healthiest sweetener. If you don’t have coconut sugar, you can always use date sugar, sucanat or organic brown sugar.
I also added dark chocolate chips to add some texture and even more chocolate, but if it’s too chocolaty for you, you could omit them and use chopped walnuts or pecans instead. If you’re vegan, you can use vegan mini chocolate chips.
I don’t bake very often but Valentines Day is coming and wanted to make a few healthy treats:)
Hope you enjoy them! X
- 1 cup creamy almond butter
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- 1 pastured raised egg
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ⅛ tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350F and line baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Combine dry ingredients together in a large bowl, then incorporate wet ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Make cookies using your hands, a spoon or a ice cream scoop, and flatten them up a bit on the baking sheet. Use about 2 tablespoons of batter per cookie.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes.