These flourless chocolate cake bites are made with unsweetened dark chocolate, organic honey, almond butter, avocado, pastured-raised eggs, vanilla, baking soda and salt. They are very easy and quick to make, and they make light, fluffy, moist, nutritious and delicious mini chocolate cake bites! They aren’t very sweet either and they go very well with a good cup of tea or coffee.
At first, I actually wanted to make healthy brownies but they just came out to be more cakey than I thought so I just decided to change the name of the recipe!:) The mix is still really good though and could even be used to make healthy cupcakes!
These flourless chocolate cake bites are Paleo, and they are gluten, grain and soy-free. They should be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container or they can be frozen. It’s best if using a food processor to mix the batter but it could be done without one too.
I would love to have your feedback if you make them! Xx
- 4 oz unsweetened dark chocolate, chopped
- ½ cup organic honey
- ½ cup almond butter
- 1 medium avocado, pitted
- 2 pastured-raised eggs, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Oil a 8” x 8” baking dish with coconut oil or line it with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a small pot, over low heat, melt chocolate with honey.
- Transfer to food processor with the remaining ingredients and process until smooth and creamy.
- Transfer batter to the prepared pan and spread it out evenly.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out mostly clean.
- Allow to cook before cutting.
-If you don't have a food processor, you can use a fork and/or whisk, as well as a bowl.