Comforting breakfast food for many, French toasts are usually made with white bread, cow’s milk, eggs and sugar. This healthier version is featuring sprouted grain bread, almond milk, pastured eggs and coconut sugar. It’s then topped with almond butter, blueberries and wild honey. If you prefer, use maple syrup instead of honey.
This breakfast is nutritious and is makes a lovely treat for children. You should be able to make 6 slices of bread with the mixture.
- ½ cup almond milk
- 2 pastured eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- Pinch pink salt
- 6 slices sprouted grain bread (or your favourite healthy bread)
- Coconut oil or grass-fed butter, for cooking
- In a bowl whisk together the almond milk, eggs, vanilla, coconut sugar, cinnamon and salt until well combined.
- Heat coconut oil or butter in a large non-stick skillet over medium low heat.
- Dip bread into egg mixture.
- Cook bread on both sides for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve with nut butter, berries and honey or maple syrup.