Have you ever make a hot chocolate but using real chocolate instead of powder? It makes the whole difference. It’s like having a hot chocolate in France. You can’t compare the taste and mouth feel from a real hot chocolate out of quality chocolate with powder. It’s thick and creamy, and just so delicious. It really makes the perfect treat on a cold winter day, if you love chocolate!
This hot chocolate is not made with water but with almond milk. You can always use organic whole milk, coconut or soy milk if you prefer. Using milk make the whole difference. Using a good quality dark chocolate is extremely important. It’s best to go dark to avoid having a hot chocolate that is too sweet. I’m sure you will love it even if you are not a fan of dark chocolate.
Then, you can also use brown sugar to sweeten if you like, coconut butter and pure vanilla extract, and spices such as cinnamon and nutmeg, according to your liking. Make sure to add a little pinch of sea salt as well; it will helps to balance flavors.
I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. Feel free to add more milk to adjust desired thickness.
- 2 oz quality dark chocolate
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, or organic whole milk or coconut milk
- 1 tbsp coconut butter, optional
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- ¼ tsp vanilla
- Pinch cinnamon
- Pinch salt
- On medium-low heat, heat almond milk.
- Stir in chocolate, coconut butter, brown sugar, cinnamon and sea salt, and whisk until well incorporated.
- Turn off heat, stir in vanilla, stir and pour into your favorite mug.