Have you guys ever make your own hair mask? If not, you should try! It’s so easy, really. The one I did is simply made with avocado, coconut oil (you could also use extra-virgin olive oil), raw honey and egg yolk. It may sound weird but it makes a really good hydrating mask. Yes it’s green but it all washes off in the shower so don’t worry, haha!
Before I get into the mask recipe, I would love to share some of the things I do to keep my hair healthy.
Here there are:
1. I wash my hair 1x/week with natural shampoo and conditioner. Because I’m blonde, I occasionally use a purple shampoo to keep my blonde on point.
2. I avoid extreme heat on my hair. I never use a blow dryer; I let them dry naturally.
3. I do not use any styling products. The only product I use is organic 100% pure Argan oil that I use once a week.
4. I eat a very healthy diet that include a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables (for vitamin C, MSM, silica and zinc), superfoods, healthy fats (crucial for hair health).
5. I do natural treatments in my hair about twice a month. I like to make my own mask but I also buy and test the products out there as well.
This is a before/after picture with the mask!
If you make the mask, I would love to know how you liked it!