This kale and cauliflower soup is really good!!! It’s creamy (without having any butter, cream or flour), tasty, and super healthy! And I love the color of the soup haha! It looks so healthy!! Well, it actually is! — BUT — It tastes good too!:) Seriously, you have to try it.
Kale and cauliflower are cruciferous vegetables. Cruciferous vegetables are packed with vitamins, minerals, fibers, and disease-fighting phytochemicals. They also help to support detoxification of the body and are known to reduce risks of getting cancer. Eating them raw is best to get all the nutrients but they can be hard to digest for some people, so if thats the case for you, its best to steam them, blend them, or make soups with with them. Remember that if you can’t digest a food properly, it’s not better for your health.
This kale and cauliflower soup is really easy to make, easy to digest, and simply delicious.
It’s vegan, gluten and soy-free.
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1" ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 small head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 bunch kale, stemmed and chopped
- 4 cups filtered water
- 1½ tsp fine sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- In a large pot, heat coconut oil over medium heat. Add onions, garlic and ginger. Let it cook for 2-3 minutes until the onions are translucent.
- Add cauliflower and kale, cover with water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and let simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Turn off heat, and then, carefully blend the soup with a blender until nice and smooth (do in batches if necessary).
- Return soup to pot. Season with sea salt and pepper.