These no-bake vegan bars are A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! You have to give them a try. They are THAT good. They are not just good; they are addictive! Even my picky hubby loved them! If you like bars that are not only delicious but super nutritious, you really have to make them. Plus, they are SO easy to make!! No baking required. You’ll only need a food processor, a pan and ideally, some parchment paper. Because these bars aren’t cooked, you’ll have to keep them in the refrigerator, or in the freezer. Even in the freezer, they won’t get too hard to be eaten.
These super yummy nutrition bars are made with almond butter, coconut nectar (low-glycemic sweetener), coconut oil (healthy fat that boost metabolism, nourish the brain, support immunity and general health), gluten-free rolled oats (great source of B vitamins and fiber), unsweetened shredded coconut, dark chocolate chips (choose vegan if you like), chia seeds (for proteins, essential fatty acids and fiber), vanilla, cinnamon and sea salt.
If gluten-free, make sure your oats are labeled gluten-free.
- 2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 cup natural almond butter
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup organic dark chocolate chips (choose vegan if you like)
- ⅓ cup coconut nectar, or pure maple syrup
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp fine sea salt
- In a food processor, combine all ingredients together, starting with the oats, and process until you get a fine texture.
- Pour the batter into a 8x8 square pan (a little bigger pan will be fine!) that you will lightly oil with coconut oil or line with parchment paper.
- Spread the mixture heavenly in the prepared pan with a spatula.
- Store in the refrigerator or in the freezer for a few hours before slicing. The number of bars will depend on the size of the pan used. Keep the bars in the refrigerator (or freezer).