Today’s breakfast.. Creamy overnight oats with almond butter, chia, banana and dark chocolate. I used a little maple syrup to sweeten as well but you could always use coconut sugar or omit the sweetener if you prefer.
Overnight oats are so easy to make and make such a delicious and nutritious breakfast. Oats are packed with fiber, antioxidants, b-vitamins and various minerals that supports health. Make sure to use rolled/old-fashioned oats. I added chia seeds for its incredible health properties, and almond butter for extra proteins, healthy fats and to add some creaminess to the oats.
This breakfast is actually a real treat haha! I also added some sliced banana and shaved dark chocolate on top to garnish. After all.. Valentine’s Day is coming up soon! And oats and chocolate are good for the heart <3
This healthy breakfast is vegan, gluten and soy-free. If you are gluten-free, make sure your oats are labeled gluten-free.
- ½ cup gluten-free old-fashioned oats
- ¾ cup almond milk, preferably homemade, or unsweetened
- 1 small ripe banana
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1-2 tsp pure maple syrup
- Pinch cinnamon
- Dark chocolate, shaved, to garnish
- Mash the banana in a bowl with a fork but reserve a few slices to garnish.
- In a bowl or jar, combine all ingredients together and stir until well combined. Make sure the almond butter and mashed banana are well incorporated.
- Add sliced banana and shaved chocolate on top, or do this step in the morning if you prefer.
- Put bowl or jar into the fridge and let set overnight or at least 4 hrs.
- In the morning, enjoy straight from the fridge or let it sit on the counter for a few minutes so it's not too cold.