This quick and healthy pasta dish is perfect for summer! Use good quality pasta, such as organic, sprouted or gluten-free pasta, if you prefer, and use fresh ingredients for the sauce. I like to use organic, ripe tomatoes and kalamata olives. The sauce is very easy and quick to make.
Simply boil your favorite healthy pasta in a large pot of boiling water until al dente. While the pasta are cooking, make the sauce. When pasta are done, plate and add sauce on it. Garnish with fresh basil.
This meal makes a perfect dinner for your busy week nights. It’s vegan and gluten-free if using gluten-free pasta.
- 1 box healthy pasta, such as organic spelt, sprouted wheat, or gluten-free pasta if you prefer
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 fresh and ripe tomatoes, diced
- ½ cup Kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 2 Tbsp capers, optional
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 package fresh basil, stemmed and chopped (keep a few fresh leaves to garnish)
- In a large pot, bring salted water to a boil.
- Add pasta and cook until al dente. Drain. Reserve.
- While pasta is cooking, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onions and cook for until soft and fragrant. Add garlic and cook for another minute. Add tomatoes, olives, basil and capers if you like, and season with sea salt and freshly black pepper. Stir and cook over low heat for 10-15 minutes or until tomatoes are soft.
- Pour the sauce over pasta. Garnish with a basil leaf.