This pear compote is simply delicious! It’s made with coconut oil, pears, raisins, apple cider vinegar, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, vanilla and sea salt. I made the compote nut-free but walnuts or pecans would be great in it.
It’s very easy to make, and will be ready in less than 15 minutes. It’s great by itself or serve with ice cream or yogurt, or a piece of cake or bread. It makes a great dessert or snack. You may want to double the recipe if you have a big family or want to have leftovers.
The compote is vegan, gluten and soy-free.
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 6 pears, cored and diced
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup raisins
- ½ cup walnuts or pecans, optional
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ginger
- Dash sea salt
- In a large pot, melt coconut oil over medium low heat.
- Add pears, nuts, raisins, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger, and stir to combine. Cook for 2-3 minutes until pears are softened.
- Add apple cider vinegar and sea salt. Stir. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer, cover, and let cook for about 10 minutes, or until juice has thickened.
- Stir in vanilla. Turn off heat and let cool for about 5 minutes and serve.