I love hummus, and all kind of hummus. I love them cooked, raw, or made with zucchini, or with an addition of roasted pepper, you name it. I love humus. It makes a great snack and it’s great in sandwichs, wraps, and with vegetables or healthy crackers. This version is my “quick version” since it’s made with canned chickpeas. It’s just convenient when you don’t have time to sprout and/or cook your own chickpeas. And it’s a much healthier and cheaper way than buying the hummus from the grocery store.
Anyway, let’s get to the recipe!;) And oh, when using canned legumes, make sure you rinse them very well to avoid gas.
This recipe is vegan, gluten and soy-free. And this recipe.. Well it’s really good! Hope you like it too!
- 1 (15 oz.) can organic chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup tahini
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- 2 tsp. cumin
- ¼ cup water, to achieve consistency
- ¼ cup olive oil, to garnish, optional
- Fresh parsley, to garnish, optional
- Paprika, to garnish, optional
- Pine nuts, optional
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth.
- If you like, drizzle with olive oil, and garnish with paprika, fresh parsley and pine nuts.