These raw candy bars will satisfy your sweet tooth while still being healthy for you. They are made with nuts, dates, raw cacao, raw honey, coconut oil, cinnamon, vanilla and sea salt. All good stuff for you! Since they are raw, they are very nutritious and contain lots of enzymes and antioxidants – cooking haven’t destroy most of the nutrients. They are also flourless, gluten and soy-free.
They are very easy to make, if you have the proper equipment, and will need to be refrigerated before eating them. They will keep several days in the fridge. I found that the longer you wait the better they taste – it’s firmer rather than soft.
You will need a food processor, a blender and a 9 x 5 pan. You can always try to use what you have around if you don’t have that size. The difference will just be in terms of size of the bars.
I hope you enjoy them! xx
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup dates, pitted
- ¼ tsp high quality sea salt
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1 cup dates, pitted
- ¼ cup homemade almond milk
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup melted coconut oil
- ½ cup raw honey or pure maple syrup
- ⅓ cup raw cacao powder
- Make the crust: In a food processor, process all ingredients until it sticks together and forms a ball. Press the crust into a 9x5 pan. Set aside.
- Make the filling: Rinse and dry your food processor and add all ingredients. Process until you get a smooth consistency. Pour the filling over the crust and use a spatula to spread it out. Set aside.
- Make the topping: Blend ingredients together until nice and smooth. Pour the chocolate mixture over the filling and shake the pan to spread it out.
- Refrigerate for a few hours or overnight before cutting. Keep in the refrigerator to avoid the bars to melt.
Crust is made with cashews, dates and sea salt. Filling is made with almond butter, almond milk, dates, vanilla and cinnamon. Topping is made with coconut oil, raw cacao powder, and raw honey or pure maple syrup.
All you need is a food processor to make the crust and filling, and a blender to make the topping. No baking required. These treats are not only super delicious but healthy for you too. They are really nutritious and packed with vitamins, minerals, healthy fats, enzymes and antioxidants. The coconut oil and cinnamon help balance blood sugar. Keep them in the refrigerator!