This cold soba noodle salad is SO good. It makes a really great meal for a hot summer day. It’s light, cold, and nutritious (of course!). used 100% buckwheat soba noodles, which are organic and gluten-free (buckwheat is a gluten-free grain). You can find them at most health food stores, or online. used a spiralizer for the veggies, and a peeler for the carrots. love to use my spiralizer to make veggie “noodles”. It’s a very inexpensive machine and it works amazingly. garnished my plate with gomashio, which is a condiment made with sesame seeds, sea salt, and depending which kind you buy, dried algae (my favorite!).
This meal is really good, especially with the tahini sauce that pairs very well with the buckwheat noodles. The sauce is cold – you don’t have to heat it. You can also make more and reserve some of it for salads.
This soba noodle salad is vegan and gluten-free. hope you enjoy it as much as I did!!
- ½ package buckwheat noodles (you can also do the whole package if you want more pasta..)
- 1 small zucchini
- 1 small yellow squash
- 1 carrot
- ½ avocado, sliced
- Gomashio or sesame seeds, to garnish
- Cilantro, to garnish
- Tahini Dressing:
- ¼ cup tahini
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp gluten-free tamari or nama shoyu
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 small clove garlic
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Cook the noodles according to package instructions. Reserve.
- Using a spiralizer, make noodles with the zucchini and squash. Reserve.
- Peel or use a slicer for the carrot. Reserve.
- Make the sauce: Using a small blender, combine all ingredients together and blend until smooth.
- In serving bowls, add noodles, veggies, and sprouts. Top with sliced avocado, add sauce, and garnish with cilantro and gomashio.