This refreshing strawberry spinach is delicious, and especially with the raspberry vinaigrette. This salad is beautiful and perfect for Valentine’s day or for a special occasion. The dressing is made with raspberry vinegar and is very easy to make. Yo will just have to whisk the extra-virgin olive oil with the raspberry vinegar in a bowl and add the pinch of salt and cayenne pepper. I gave this salad to two gentlemen that were having lunch in my house, and they both loved it.
I also added silvered almonds to the salad, to add something a little crunchy, but pine nuts would also be wonderful if you have them. I love to add nuts and seeds in my salads because they are a good source of proteins and fats, and make the salad a little more satisfying and nourishing.
- 1 bag spinach
- 4-5 ripe strawberries, sliced
- ½ avocado, sliced
- 2 Tbsp silvered almonds, or pine nuts
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp raspberry vinegar
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Pinch sea salt
- In a large bowl, combine the spinach, strawberries and nuts.
- In a small bowl, combine the ingredients to make the dressing. Whisk until creamy and combined.
- Pour the dressing (or a part of it if you don't like too much dressing) on the salad and mix.
- Serve and enjoy!