I made this delicious strawberry vanilla cream for Canada day as I’m French Canadian. I thought about making a healthy raw dessert made with organic strawberries and a sweet cashew vanilla cream. Strawberries are in season, and they are so good when fresh and ripe. I just can’t stand the strawberries we get during winter time – they taste nothing. I grew up with strawberries in my yard and it was always a pleasure to get them right from the bushes. Strawberries are one of the dirtiest fruit (pesticides, ..) so make sure you get organic strawberries, or grow your own.
Its hot outside these days and I wanted to make something light, fruity, and delicious. And ohhh my. This is heaven haha! It’s so darn good. I hope you give this recipe a try, you and your family will love it!
I used raw honey as sweetener – it’s such a lovely and healthy sweetener (not commercial honey though!), but if you’re vegan, you can replace honey with pure maple syrup. The “cream” is made with cashews so no, there is no dairy products!
This raw dessert is so easy to make, and so yummy! Perfect for summer!
- Organic strawberries, sliced or chopped
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked for 2h
- ½ cup filtered water
- 2 tbsp raw honey or maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Pinch pink or Celtic sea salt
- Rinse and drain cashews.
- Add cashews in blender, cover with filtered water, and add remaining ingredients.
- Blend until nice and smooth.
- In a glass or a cup, add strawberries and cover with the sweet cream.