Hi guys! I want to first apologize for not being so active these days. I really wish I was more. Having a little one at home is really incredibly amazing but it’s really life changing and time-consuming haha! It’s crazy to think how much free time I had before haha! But I didnt have all those beautiful smiles and laughs, and all that love! I also moved to Canada very recently and not installed in my house yet so I am still in boxes with all my kitchen stuff everywhere. So creating new recipes and taking beautiful pictures is tough but it will get better this year when I move into my new house and am organized and have all my equipment at the same place! And a place to take pictures too!
I still create recipes but with an (always) hungry baby it’s hard to take pictures too haha! So here is what I made last night for dinner. It’s a soup made with organic, local corn, white beans, yellow tomatoes, yellow bell pepper, spices and herbs. I didn’t have a lot of time to make dinner last night so that’s why I made something quick and easy. It was done and ready to eat in less than 20 minutes. I ate that soup with a good quality, sprouted, toasted bread, with mashed avocado, a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil and a splash of lime juice. I also like to sprinkle pink salt on it and a pinch of red pepper flakes on it. So, so good.
Anyway, here’s the recipe in case you are looking for something quick and easy to make, easy to digest and delicious too. It’s vegan and gluten-free.
As a side note, if I would make that soup again (I usually never cook the same thing twice haha!) but if I would, I would try to make it raw actually – no cooking – just blending those ingredients into a high-speed blender. If you try it, would love to know how it turns out! (You probably wouldn’t need to add any water)
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 ears local/organic corn, kernels sliced off
- 2 cups chopped yellow tomatoes
- 1 yellow red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 can organic white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1½ teaspoon unrefined salt
- ½ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- ½ lemon, juice
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Corn kernels (raw or cooked)
- Pinch paprika
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Chopped parsley
- (I also added tomatoes but I would leave out next time actually)
- In a large pot soup, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onions and garlic, paprika, red pepper flakes and salt, and cook until onions have softened, about 5 minutes, and stirring occasionally.
- Stir in corn kernels, tomatoes, bell pepper and white beans, and stir again.
- Add water, bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and cook for 10 minutes.
- Turn off heat and add lemon juice.
- Transfer soup to blender, in batches if necessary, and blend until smooth.
- Transfer soup back to pot, pour into bowls, add toppings and serve.