Those oatmeal cookies are made with a variety of superfoods such as goji berries, cacao, coconut flakes, chia seeds and coconut oil. They are made with high quality ingredients and are free of added sugars, gluten, dairy, eggs or soy.
The cookies are super easy to make and very nutritious. Pack them in lunch boxes or enjoy them as mid morning snack. They are packed with vitamins and minerals, antioxidants, fiber, and healthy fats.
The recipe makes about 10-12 cookies.
Hope you and your family enjoy them!
- 1½ cups gluten-free rolled oats
- ½ cup cashews
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- ¼ cup organic or vegan mini chocolate chips
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbsp goji berries
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1 tsp chia or flax seeds
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a food processor, grinder or small blender, combine oats and cashews and grind so you obtain almost a powder (but you still want to see pieces of oats and cashews). Add into a large bowl.
- Add the remaining dry ingredients to the bowl with the oat flour and cashew. Toss.
- In a small bowl, mash the bananas and add the coconut oil. Toss and add the mixture into the large bowl. Mix with the other ingredients until well combined.
- On a large baking sheet, use a tablespoon or your hands to form a ball and place on the cookie sheet. Then, flatten the cookies down since they won't spread on their own.
- Bake for about 8-10 minutes.