This granola is packed with superfoods. I have used almonds, walnuts and pumpkin seeds; chia and hemp seeds; goji berries, raw cacao nibs and coconut flakes; maca; and cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and pink Himalayan salt. All those nutrient dense ingredients mixed into old fashioned oats and a mixture of tahini, raw honey, dates and coconut oil. This granola is vegan and gluten-free, and is so nutritious, delicious and healthy. You’ve got good proteins, healthy fats, enzymes, antioxidants and a variety of vitamins and minerals. You have to try it.
The only ingredient you would preferably need to add after the granola has cooked is the goji berries as they have the tendency to overcook.. And you also want to preserve all those good enzymes.
This superfood granola tastes even better with fresh, homemade non-dairy milk. One of my favorites for that kind of breakfast would be a nice vanilla bean almond milk or a slightly sweetened cashew milk, which is so creamy and yummy. Once you make your own nut milk and you realize how easy and tasty it is, its just so difficult to go back to the store bought version. Making your own is also so much healthier and nutritious. It’s raw so unprocessed and all the nutrients have been preserved. If you haven’t try to do your own nut milk, I highly encourage you trying. Get started with an easy one such as cashew milk or hemp seed milk. You just blend the nuts or seeds in a blender filled with water, a pinch of pink salt and vanilla if you like (and a date or two to sweeten if you like), and you blend until smooth. That’s it. And it keeps up to 4-5 days in the fridge. Very easy.
So anyway, I hope you like this superfood granola. It makes a small batch so if you like it and want to make it again then you might want to double it. Granola is a great breakfast for kids too, and so much better than most granola out there that are full of sugar. You can also add more berries or sliced banana if you want to add a little extra to it or make it a little sweeter..!;)
- 1½ cup gluten-free rolled/old fashioned oats
- ⅓ cup almonds
- ⅓ cup walnuts
- ⅓ cup pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- ¼ cup hemp seeds
- ¼ cup raw cacao nibs
- ¼ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- ¼ cup goji berries
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp maca
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ginger
- Pinch pink Himalayan salt
- ¼ cup tahini
- ¼ cup raw honey
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 4 medjool dates, pitted and cut into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 300F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats with the nuts and seeds, cacao nibs, coconut flakes, spices and salt. Mix with your cleaned hands.
- In a small blender, combine tahini, honey, coconut oil and dates. Blend until smooth but it's ok to still have a few pieces of dates in there.
- Add that paste to the granola and mix with your hands until well combined.
- Spread the granola mixture on the prepared pan.
- Bake 15-20 minutes.
- Stir in goji berries.
- Store in a glass container.
Recipe inspired by Annie from http://anunrefinedvegan.com