This vegan chili is so delicious. You won’t miss out the meat at all. It’s very nourishing and filling. And with the cold weather outside, it’s a perfect dinner to warm you up. I love chili, and I really enjoyed this version. And even my picky husband enjoyed it!
It’s made with black beans, roasted sweet potatoes, and a mix of vegetables and spices. It’s very simple to do. You can serve it with organic sour cream if you like (it won’t be vegan) or homemade cashew “sour cream” if you like, or just omit it if you prefer. Garnish with sliced green onions and cilantro too.
This delicious chili is vegan and gluten-free.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 small jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 1 pound sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 2 can organic black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (28 oz) can organic diced tomatoes
- 1 cup filtered water
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp cacao powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Juice of ½ lime
- Organic sour cream or vegan sour cream, to garnish
- Cilantro, to garnish
- Green onions, to garnish
- Roast sweet potato at 400F for about 40 minutes.
- In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onions and sauté for 2 minutes. Then, add the garlic and sauté for another 2 minutes.
- Add green bell pepper and jalapeno. Stir and cook until peppers are softer.
- Add chili powder, cumin, oregano and cayenne pepper. Stir and let cook for a few more minutes.
- Add tomatoes (with juice) and water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, add cacao and sea salt, and let cook for 15 minutes.
- Stir in black beans and roasted sweet potatoes, and let cook for another 15-20 minutes.
- Add lime juice, pour into bowls and garnish with sour cream, green onions and fresh cilantro if you like.