This banana bread is very healthy but super delicious. It’s light, slightly sweet, and delicious. It’s made with spelt flour so its not gluten-free, but spelt flour is healthy and nutritious (if you can tolerate gluten, of course). I love and prefer to bake gluten-free but sometimes I vary my ingredients and use different flours.
The banana bread is sweeten with coconut sugar, which is very low on the glycemic index, and pure maple syrup, which contains minerals. I use coconut oil in the recipe which is a very healthy fat that has many health benefits.
This vegan banana bread is really easy to make and super delicious. It can be eaten as a healthy breakfast on the go or as a morning or afternoon snack. It’s delicious with a cup of coffee or tea. Give it a try, I’m sure you won’t be disappointed!
- 2 cups spelt flour
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp fine sea salt
- ⅛ tsp ginger powder
- 1 ¼ cup mashed banana
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Lightly grease a loaf pan with coconut oil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix all dry ingredients together.
- In a medium bowl, mix all wet ingredients together and combine to dry ingredients. Mix until well combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for about 40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.