Have you ever make rice from cauliflower? It’s pretty easy; all you do is put a cauliflower into a food processor and process until you get a fine consistency that looks like rice. Then, you cook it in a pan with other vegetables, herbs and spices. It’s surprisingly delicious, and it’s a great way to add “grains” in your diet if you are gluten or grain-free. This cauliflower rice makes a simple healthy dish or a great side dish. It was so good that I just ate the whole thing haha! There are days that I just keep it easy, you know!
It’s made with fresh vegetables, including mushrooms, asparagus and spinach, but feel free to use any vegetables you like. I cooked the vegetables in extra-virgin oil in a large pan over medium-low heat, and seasoned with herbamare and cayenne pepper. If you don’t have herbamare, simply use a good quality sea salt. Feel free to add herbs if you like. Sometimes I add a touch of gluten-free tamari, but this time I kept it pretty simple and was happy with the result. It takes less than 15 minutes to make and serves one or two.
- 1-2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ head medium cauliflower, roughly chopped
- ½ cup frozen or fresh pea
- ¼ onion, diced
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 4 mushrooms, diced
- ½ bunch asparagus, tripped and chopped
- Big handful spinach
- Herbamore, to taste
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Place the cauliflower chunks into your food processor. Process for a few seconds until you get a very consistency (that looks like rice).
- In a large pan over medium heat, heat olive oil. Add onion and cook for a minute or two before adding the garlic. Cook another minute.
- Add peas, mushrooms, asparagus and spinach. Toss and cook 2-3 minutes before adding the cauliflower rice.
- Add cauliflower, season with herbamare (or sea salt) and cayenne pepper. Cover and let cook for 4-5 minutes until cauliflower is tender.