Mmm… This white bean soup is so good haha! I love vegetable soup, especially if there is kale in it! Soups are so wonderful. They are nutritious and easy to make. They are also easily digested, which is great to have at night. It’s better to have a lighter meal for dinner than something heavy.
This delicious soup is ready in less than 30 min so the excuse of lacking time doesn’t really work haha!:) No but seriously, it’s worth it. It’s so delicious and nutritious, and it makes great leftovers too.
If you can, choose organic sweet potatoes and kale, as well as organic canned beans. If you don’t want to use canned beans, you can always cook your own before making the soup. Fresh diced tomatoes are used in the soup but if you dont have fresh tomatoes, you can always use canned diced tomatoes (organic if possible). This soup is vegan, gluten and soy-free.
- 1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 cups kale, chopped
- 1 can canned white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ Tbsp Italian seasonings
- ¼ tsp chili flakes, optional
- 1 tsp sea salt
- In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Saute onions and garlic until the onions are soft and translucide.
- Add sweet potatoes, beans, tomatoes, seasonings and broth.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover and let simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Add kale and let simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Remove and discard bay leaf.
- Season with sea salt, toss and serve.