Hi! I’m Krystelle! I’m French-Canadian, living in the beautiful city of Montreal. I’m a wife, mother of one and stepmother of three. I am passionate about holistic health and nutrition, and healthy cooking, and through this blog, I want to share some of my cooking with you, as well as some natural nutrition and health knowledge.
My mission is to help and inspire people to make healthier food choices and cook healthier meals for themselves and their family so they can be as healthy as possible and enjoy life to its fullest.
I hold a degree in holistic nutrition from the Canadian School of Natural Nutrition and in culinary arts from the Natural Gourmet Institute in New York City. I completed a health coaching program from the Institute of Integrative nutrition, a raw food chef certification in California and a health educator program from the Hippocrates Health Institute in Florida. I started my journey studying at the Alternative Medicine College of Canada and over the years, I have completed a variety of courses, workshops and seminars in health, nutrition, cooking, business and self-development. I love to learn, contribute and grow.
I just finished creating my first cookbook, which I did while being at home with my son. I also created an online community to support parents with healthy eating for their family. You can join the group here.
I send a lot of time in the kitchen developing, adapting and testing new recipes, and trying to take decent pictures (I’m not a photographer!) or creating videos. If not, you will find me in my office creating or writing content, editing pictures, researching, reading, studying, working on social media, or you will find me in the gym working out, playing with my son or doing educating activities, or traveling.
I will leave you with some random facts about me:
- I grew up in Montreal but lived in Santa Monica, California; Boca Raton, Florida; and Manhattan, New York. I’m now back in Montreal.
- I met my husband and his three children when I was almost 20 years old.
- I’m a matcha addict. It’s my daily cup of happiness. Other addiction? Avocado.
- If I would have to eat the same meal every day, it would be a Buddha bowl.
- My favorite cuisines are Mediterranean and Japanese.
- My two favorite occasional alcoholic drinks are red wine and sake.
- I have traveled to 35 countries in the world.
- My favorite continent is Asia.
- I am an introvert. I enjoy being alone and need my alone time to recharge.
- I’m a Cancer – I’m a dreamer, slightly idealistic and perfectionist. I’m also very sensitive and emotional.
- I love astrology, crystals, numerology, card reading, and making my own healing concoctions. Perhaps in another life I was a witch, who knows, haha!
- The morning is my favorite time of the day. I absolutely love waking up early, especially if it’s still dark outside, to have some peaceful, alone time before the day starts. Bonus points if it’s raining – I love rainy days.
Here are more details on the training I have completed so far through the years.
HEALTH, NUTRITION, AND COOKING TRAINING
- Natural Gourmet Institute– Chef’s Training Program, New York City, 2014-2015
- Canadian School of Natural Nutrition– Holistic Nutrition, Toronto, 2013-2015
- Institute for Integrative Nutrition– Health Coaching, NYC, New York City, 2011-2012
- Living Light Culinary Art Institute– Raw Food Chef & Instructor, California, 2011
- Hippocrates Health Institute– Health Educator, Florida, 2010
- Alternative Medicine College of Canada– Nutrition Practitioner, Montreal, 2009-2010
- Business– Brendon Burchard, Center Ring and all seminars, 2013
- Personal development– Anthony Robbins, Mastery University, 2010-2011
- Personal development– Landmark Education, all seminars, 2009
STAY IN TOUCH
If you have any questions, feel free to contact me. It’s always a pleasure to hear from you.
I’m also on Instagram, Facebook and soon on YouTube. There is also a private Facebook group if you want support with your little one(s). Come check it out! All the links are via the home page.