Made with wild blueberry, fresh lemon juice and zest, and almond flour, this healthy treat is perfect for summer. It’s not vegan or gluten-free, but it’s made with high quality ingredients. I used organic grass-fed buter, pastured eggs, all purpose unbleached flour (if you go with whole wheat you won’t have the white color that is nice with the almond flour) and organic cane sugar.
I used frozen wild blueberries but you could use fresh. I used wild blueberries because they are smaller and taste better. They are usually more nutritious too.
I don’t like it very sweet but if you have a sweet tooth, you could make a glaze with powdered sugar to add on top but in my opinion, it’s totally not necessary and absolutely delicious on its own.
Great with a cup of green tea.
Blueberry Lemon Almond Bread
- 1/2 cup butter room temperature
- 3/4 cup cane sugar
- 1 lemon juice and zest
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup all-purpose unbleached flour
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp unrefined salt
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 1/2 cup wild blueberries fresh or frozen
- Preheat oven to 375F, grease a loaf pan with butter and line with parchment paper.
- Beat butter with sugar, lemon juice and zest, vanilla and eggs in an electric beater.
- Add in flour, baking powder, salt and almond flour and mix gently until well incorporated.
- Gently fold in blueberries.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 1h.