These blueberries oatmeal cookies are perfect for a quick breakfast on the go, a morning or afternoon snack. They are great for the lunchbox too. Your children will love these. They are moist, just sweet enough, and lovely with the blueberries.
I used the best quality ingredients. Flour was organic, unbleached. Egg is pastured-raised. Butter is grass-fed. Salt is pink Himalayan salt. I do not care so much whether it’s vegan, gluten or dairy-free so much, but I do care about the quality of the ingredients.
I hope you and your family enjoy these. They reminded us a bit the taste of the topping of an apple crumble – so good.
Don’t care for blueberries? Can always substitute for mini dark chocolate chips.
Blueberry Oatmeal Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup flour all-purpose or spelt
- 1 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp unrefined salt
- 1 1/2 cup wild blueberries fresh or frozen
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Cream butter with sugar with an electric beater.
- Add egg and vanilla and beat again.
- In a bowl mix flour with oats, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- Add dry mix to wet and on low speed, gently stir to combine.
- Carefully fold in blueberries. Do not over mix.
- Make cookies out of the dough, using about 1/4 cup of dough per cookie.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes.