Perfect to start the day, this nutrient-dense smoothie made with blueberries, chia seeds and rolled oats will keep you satiated for a good few hours. It has 20 grams of natural, wholesome foods protein, exactly the way I like to get my proteins. I’m not a fan of protein powders, mostly because most of them are highly processed and most people consume way too much of protein. It’s almost impossible, to not consume enough protein if you eat a balanced diet and don’t skip any meals.
Let’s get back to the smoothie..
Ingredients You Will Need:
- Almond milk (or any nondairy milk but I recommend avoiding soy)
- Rolled oats (choose gluten-free if you are sensitive to gluten)
- Almond butter
- Chia seeds
- Raw or local honey (substitute with maple syrup if vegan)
- Frozen blueberries
Nutrition and Health Benefits
The smoothie is packed with protein, fiber and antioxidants, as well as a variety of vitamins and minerals.
Rolled oats are a good source of fiber and will keep you satiated. Almond butter and chia seeds are great source of plant based proteins and healthy fats. Banana and blueberries are packed with antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. Cinnamon helps to balance blood sugar naturally.
Taste & Texture
It has a thick, creamy texture. Eat the smoothie with a spoon. This smoothie is like eating a dessert and is actually one of my favourite ones.
If you are in the mood to add extra ingredients in it, you can always try adding these for extra nutrition and health benefits.
- Maca powder
- Bee pollen
If you enjoy this recipe, you may also enjoy those:
- Chia Banana Muffins
- Blender Oatmeal Pancakes
- Almond Flour Pancakes with Raspberries
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Smoothie
- Blueberry Matcha Smoothie
Blueberry Chia Oat Smoothie
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1-2 tablespoons almond butter
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tbsp raw or local honey
- Dash cinnamon
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- Put all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour in a glass and enjoy with a spoon.