These creamy raw coconut squares are so light and creamy and tasty and dreamy – YUM. If you have the ingredients at home, go in your kitchen and make this haha! They are so good. They will melt in your mouth. Such a treat; And a healthy one!
They are very easy and quick to make, and since they are raw, they don’t require any baking. You will have to keep these goodies in the freezer otherwise they will melt rapidly at room temperature. I used coconut oil and coconut butter, as well as coconut nectar for sweetener. Coconut nectar is easily found in health food store but if you can’t find it, replace with organic, raw honey. I don’t recommend using agave as it’s high in fructose but if you do use agave once in a while, it will work in the recipe as an alternative to coconut nectar. Just make sure it’s organic and raw, and preferably use the blue agave, which is the “best” one.
I use fresh strawberries in the mixture to create that dreamy light pink colour and for extra vitamin C.
This creamy dessert is raw, vegan, gluten- and soy-free.
Creamy Raw Coconut Squares
- 2 cup cashews, soaked in water for at least 30 min
- 1 cup filtered water
- ½ cup strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- ½ cup coconut nectar, or raw honey
- ½ cup coconut butter
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Pinch pink or Celtic salt
- Coconut flakes, to garnish (optional)
- Oil an 8x8-inch pan with coconut oil and line with parchment paper. Set aside
- In a blender, combine all ingredients and blend until smooth. (If using frozen strawberries, blend first and then add strawberries after.)
- Pour the filling into the prepared pan. Spread heavenly.
- Garnish with coconut flakes if you like.
- Freeze for at least 1 hour before cutting into small squares.
- Keep the coconut squares in the freezer (or in the refrigerator if you want them softer.)