This cold, refreshing raw soup is perfect for a warm Spring or hot Summer day. It’s super tasty and refreshing, and I enjoyed it with an avocado toast although a salad would be a great choice too.
The soup doesn’t require any cooking. All you need is a blender. You simply blend all ingredients until smooth, pour it into a bowl, garnish it if you like and enjoy it.
I used organic, plain, full fat Greek yogurt in the soup but if vegan, use plain almond or coconut yogurt.
It’s very nutritious and since its cooked, all the nutrients are preserved. Best to use fresh, local ingredients for better taste and nutrition.
Proteins come from the peas, avocado and yogurt.
Garnish the soup with a drop of yogurt and fresh herbs, if desired.
The soup is gluten-free with a dairy-free alternative. Serves 1.
Cucumber Avocado Pea Soup
- 1 English cucumber
- 1/2 large avocado
- 1/2 cup thawed green peas
- 1/4 cup organic plain Greek yogurt or plain almond or coconut for dairy-free
- 1/2 lemon juice
- Pinch Himalayan or Celtic salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Drop of yogurt to garnish, optional
- Minced herbs, such as dill, basil or mint to garnish, optional
- Put all ingredients (besides the garnishes if using) in a high-speed blender and blend until nice and smooth.
- Pour into a bowl and garnish with a drop of yogurt and fresh herbs if you like.
- Enjoy immediately!