These fish tacos are so easy to make so no excuse to make a healthy dish! All you need is some fresh white fish, preferably halibut, mahi-mahi or cod that you season with chili powder, cumin and salt, and that you broil for a few minutes.
You can use corn or multigrain tortillas for the bread, or if you are bread-free like me, you can use raw tortilla that are made with vegetables and flax seeds or do a bowl with the fish, salsa and then you can add cauliflower rice. Different meal I know but it tastes similar and it’s carb-free and absolutely delicious. That’s what I did for myself. Hubby had it with bread.
You make the refreshing mango salsa with fresh mango, cilantro, red onion, lime juice, salt and pepper, and drizzle on top of the fish. Then you garnish with more fresh herbs if you like and serve with lime wedges. Isn’t that easy?
These fish tacos are perfect for summer. They are light and refreshing!
Oh, and if you like salmon, make sure to check this delicious baked salmon recipe too. May be plan it for next week!:)
Easy Fish Tacos with Mango Salsa
- 1 pound fresh white flesh fish (halibut, mahi-mahi, cod)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon unrefined salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Olive oil
- Corn or whole grain tortillas
- Cilantro, for garnish
- Lime wedges, for serving
- 1 ripe mango, diced
- 1/2 cup minced cilantro
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- Unrefined salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Place fish on a baking sheet. Seasoned with chili powder, cumin and salt, and drizzle with olive oil.
- Broil until cooked through, about 4-6 minutes.
- While fish is cooking, make the salsa. Combine all ingredients in a small bowl, stir and set aside.
- Warm up tortillas, top with the fish, add salsa on top, garnish with cilantro and serve with a lime wedge.