Thee healthy cookie recipe is easy to make, delicious and totally guilt-free. Made with nutritious ingredients like oats, almond flour, banana, egg, walnuts and dark chocolate chips, they make a great breakfast on-the-go for those busy mornings that you or your children don’t have to eat. They are easily portable so good for the car too. They make also a great mid-morning or afternoon snack. Because of the oats, almond flour and banana, they will provide long-lasting energy. They are totally guilt-free so feel free to have a couple, haha! You can always make some more. I also love the addition of pumpkin pie spice which make them perfect for Fall. Don’t have or don’t like it? Use cinnamon.
What’s in the Cookies?
- Rolled Oats
- Almond Flour
- Pastured Egg
- Dark Chocolate Chips
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
What you Need
- Baking Sheet
- Mixing bowls
- Whisk or Spatula
If there is a nut allergy or you plan to add them in your kids’ lunchbox, you may omit the nuts or try substituting the walnuts for sunflower or pumpkin seeds, or even hemp seeds if you have. Hemp seeds are very nutritious. They are a complete source of protein and provide fiber et essential fatty acids.
I haven’t tried to make these cookies vegan yet. I believe the recipe would work by substituting the egg for a flax egg. To do so, add 1 tablespoon of ground flax seeds in 2 ½ tablespoons of water. Wait for a few minutes until it forms a gel then add in the mixture. If you give it a try and it works, please comment below to let others know!
Other Oatmeal Recipes
If you enjoy breakfast recipes made with oats, you may also enjoy these recipes on the blog:
Hope you enjoy the recipe guys!
Fall Breakfast Cookies
- 1 pastured egg
- 1 ripe banana
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ½ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup mini dark chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon unrefined salt
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Whisk eggs in a medium bowl with a fork. Add banana and mash until smooth. Add in vanilla and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine rolled oats, almond flour, coconut sugar, walnuts, chocolate chips, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add wet mixture to dry and mix well.
- Take 2-3 tablespoons of the dough and put on the baking sheet.
- Shape and flatten with a fork. It’s normal that the batter doesn’t hold really well.
- Bake 13-15 minutes.