This vegan kale and cauliflower soup is absolutely d-e-l-i-c-i-o-u-s. If you want a creamy soup that is cream-less and super tasty, give a try to this recipe. It’s amazing, really. My husband and preschooler LOVED it. It’s so yummy.
Besides the yum factor, it’s incredibly healthy and nutritious. It’s only made with good ingredients. The two main ingredients are kale and cauliflower, which are two cruciferous vegetables with amazing health benefits.
It’s also super easy and quick to make. The soup takes about 15 to 20 minutes to cook so it should be ready in less than 40 minutes. You don’t want to overcook the soup to avoid losing too many nutrients. Instead, you cook it until the vegetables are tender. You will also have incredible leftovers, if any left.
The soup is delicious on its own but also great with some good quality bread or served as an appetizer. The soup is gluten-, grain-, soy- and dairy-free.
I made the soup when I was ending my cleanse as I wanted a vegan, clean soup to eat mostly made with vegetables so this was really perfect. I was very surprised by how tasty it was. The splash of lemon juice at the end really makes a difference so make sure to not skip it.
Try it. It’s sure to not disappoint you.
You made it? Please post in the comments what you think!! I would love to know if you and your family enjoyed it.
Ok, talk soon now!
Want to try something similar but different?
If you want to try another green soup but that is raw (not cooked) and packed with nutrients and flavours, check out this raw avocado and kale soup recipe. It’s different but if you are into raw food or cleansing, or want to try something different for spring and summer, you may enjoy it.
Kale and Cauliflower Soup
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium head cauliflower, cut into florets (about 4 cups)
- 1 bunch kale, washed
- ½ cup cashews
- 1 ½ teaspoon unrefined salt
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 4 cups water
- ½ lemon, juice
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium low heat.
- Add onions and garlic and cook until softened, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add cauliflower florets, kale and cashews, and add in salt, thyme and red pepper flakes. Stir to combine.
- Add in water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and cook, partially cover, until cauliflower is tender, about 20 minutes.
- Add splash of lemon.
- Carefully blend with an immersion blender until smooth or work in batches in a blender.