I love London. I have been twice. It’s such a beautiful and charming city. It’s one of the cities that I could see myself live. In London, they drink tea. With a name like London fog, you would think it’s a tea that origins from there but it’s not. Apparently, it comes from Vancouver, Canada. Hm.. I actually didn’t know this.
This tea is absolutely delicious and is a nice change of a traditional latte or matcha latte. It’s not a tea I drink often but I enjoy it once in a while. It’s a hot tea made with Earl Grey tea and has a hint of vanilla and steam milk.
This one is dairy-free and made with coconut milk. I like coconut milk because it has a thicker texture than almond milk. An organic soy milk could be use too. I add vanilla in the tea but if could switch with an unsweetened vanilla milk if you have.
Before adding milk in the mug, I brew a strong cup of earl grey. You want to make sure it’s strong enough because it will be diluted with more milk and you want to taste the tea. You also want to make sure you get a good quality tea. It makes the whole difference.
To warm milk and froth it, it depends what kind of appliances you have at home. You can use a milk frother, a blender or whatever appliance you have to warm and/or froth milk. Maybe you have a nice coffee machine at home and can do it there.
What’s your favorite type of latte? Mine is obviously and will remain a matcha latte!
- 1 earl grey tea bag
- 3/4 cup to 1 cup of hot water
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut or soy milk
- 1-2 teaspoons local honey
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- Brew a strong cup of earl grey tea then discard tea bag.
- Warm milk. Once hot add in honey and vanilla, and add to the the tea.
- Froth milk using a milk frother. Alternatively, you could blend everything together which would make it foamy as well and just pour into a mug.