This creamy peanut butter banana milkshake is absolutely d-e-l-i-c-i-o-u-s, especially if you love peanut butter. If not, just use almond butter. You don’t want to miss out on it. It’s so good. It’s very nutritious and makes a perfect breakfast or morning snack. If it doesn’t hold you long enough or if you want extra fibre, protein, iron and b-vitamins, add a handful of rolled oats to it. It will also make it creamier. If you are grain-free and want extra protein, you can also use your favorite healthy protein powder.
This milkshake is dairy-free and made with almond milk. It’s always best if nut milks are made at home as they are much more nutritious without mentioning tastier. But hey if you don’t have any, no worries. Get the store-bought version but always get the unsweetened version. If you don’t have almond milk, use coconut milk.
This smoothie should please the whole family. Let me know if you like. It’s vegan and soy-free.
Peanut Butter Banana Milkshake
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 frozen large ripe banana
- 1 tablespoon organic peanut butter (or almond butter)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch Himalayan sea salt
- Raw cacao nibs, for garnish
- Handful rolled oats (optional)
- In a blender, add milk and the remaining ingredients, as well as oats if using. Blend until nice and smooth.
- Garnish with raw cacao nibs and enjoy.