Who doesn’t love cookies? The softness and sweetness of them are what wins most hearts, and this recipe for Vegan Banana Oatmeal Cookies is sure to do the same. It makes a great snack time option for kids and the family’s lunch box . It can even work well as a breakfast option when enjoyed with a cup of tea or coffee.
You can make your own date purée at home but you can also buy it in some grocery or health food stores.
To make homemade date purée, all you need are two simple ingredients: dates and water.
Either, toss the ingredients in your blender and blend till smooth, or add the ingredients to a pot, bring it to a boil and stir vigorously with a spoon (you can also use a hand blender).
This is where your cookies will get their sweetness and is why you don’t need to add any sugar at all to this recipe!
There are no peanuts in this recipe unless you want there to be. If you don’t like almond butter you can always substitute with peanut butter. Just make sure you use a good quality, natural nut butter to avoid the refined oils and added sugars that are often found in conventional brands.
If there is a nut allergy in your family, you may substitute with a seed butter such as sunflower or tahini.
How To Make Vegan Banana Oatmeal Cookies
Making banana oatmeal cookies is quick and easy. The recipe takes less than half an hour and it doesn’t require much effort to execute it properly.
Here’s how you can make Vegan Banana Oatmeal Cookies for your friends and family to enjoy:
Vegan Banana Oatmeal Cookies
- ½ cup mashed bananas
- ½ cup almond butter
- ½ cup date purée
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup oats, rolled or quick cooking
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp unrefined salt
- ½ cup mini vegan dark chocolate chips (or walnuts)
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper
- Mash bananas in a large mixing bowl, if not already done
- Stir in almond butter, date purée and vanilla
- Add oats, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and chocolate chips (or walnuts), and mix to combine
- Place dough on baking sheet, about 2 tablespoons each and press gently. You may need 2 baking sheets.
- Bake 15-20 min.
Looking for more yummy desserts and baked goods recipes? Here are a few other healthy, guilt-free treats to try: