These vegan banana chocolate muffins are healthy, nutritious, delicious, easy to make, and great for kids. I used mashed banana, coconut oil, nondairy milk, spelt flour, coconut sugar, cinnamon, rolled oats and mini vegan dark chocolate chips.
If you rather use an organic all-purpose white, go ahead and switch it for the spelt flour. But spelt is pretty delicate and bake really well.
I garnished them with a slice of banana and a piece of dark chocolate.
They make a healthy after school snack and a great for the lunchbox. They are vegan and dairy-free. Recipe makes 12 big muffins.
Hope your family enjoy them!
Vegan Banana Chocolate Muffins
- 2 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup nondairy milk unsweetened
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup spelt flour
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup mini vegan dark chocolate chips
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp unrefined salt
- Sliced banana and square of dark chocolate (or extra chocolate chips) to garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a 12 muffin pan with muffin liners. Set aside.
- Mix flax seeds with water in a small bowl and set aside.
- Mix flour, sugar, oats, chocolate chips, cinnamon baking soda and salt in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Mash banana and stir in oil, milk and vanilla.
- Add flax seed mixture to the wet ingredients and stir to combine.
- Add wet to dry, and stir to combine.
- Divide batter between muffin tin.
- Garnish with a slice of banana and a square of dark chocolate or extra mini chocolate chips if desired.
- Bake for 30 minutes.